Planning Your Wedding
One Year PriorBegin to choose and book the following:
- Ceremony Location - The ceremony site could be at a church, synagogue, hotel, club or a private home. Reception Location - The Courtyard Marriott Hadley-Amherst.
- Photographer - Many photographers are booked a year in advance.
- Videographer - Videos are becoming a more popular way to remember your wedding.
- Band or D.J. - Both live bands and D.J.s should be contacted a year in advance.
- Bridal Shop - Start to choose your gown.
- Travel Agency - When planning a cruise to a specific location, reservations may be necessary a year in advance.
- Registry - Once your engagement is announced, people will need to know where to find your gift choices.
- Limousine - Six months may be enough time, unless you are getting married during the popular Spring or Fall seasons or when getting a specialty car.
- Discuss the details of your ceremony with the your officiant - Be sure to bring up the topics on the following page. It will be easier if you and your fiancÚ discuss these after asking what is permitted at your ceremony location. You can then plan with your florist, photographer, videographer, musicians and family.
Three to Four Months Prior
- Plan the rehearsal dinner.
- Rent any extras for the wedding.
- Meet with your Courtyard Hotel wedding planner to finalize your menu and the overnight accommodations for your out of town guests.
- Get your gown and bridesmaids' gowns fitted.
- Finalize your flower arrangements with the florist.
- Order your invitations, favors and thank you cards.
- Finalize the honeymoon arrangements.
- Order tuxedos.
One to Two Months Prior
- Confirm your music with the DJ or Band.
- Confirm the music for the ceremony.
- Finish and mail out your invitations.
- Meet with your photographer to discuss pictures.
- Decide if you will include the photographer and DJ/Band in the dinner
- Check with your travel agent about tickets and reservations.
- Get a blood test.
- Select gifts for your bridal attendants and groomsmen.
Three Weeks Prior
- Do seating arrangements and write out place cards.
- Buy a garter.
- Confirm the day of your ceremony with the church.
- Set an appointment for one week before your wedding to finalize the reception plans.
- Plan to have something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue.
One week prior
- At your final appointment with the Courtyard Hotel, have the following ready:
- Final guest count
- Final Payment
- Floor Plan
- Place cards
- Guest book and pen
- Toasting glasses
- Cake knife
- Enjoy your rehearsal ceremony and rehearsal dinner.
- Break in your wedding shoes.
- Get excited! It's almost time for your wedding!